Ten Diet Tips for Guys Who Hate to Cook
Guys that don’t cook, and prefer to eat out or cook something simple in the microwave may have a harder time than others losing weight, because they don’t have as many choices for eating healthy. However, there are some healthy diet options even for the man who hates to cook, depending upon budget. Here are ten tips for guys who want to eat healthier and lose some weight, without having to learn to cook.
1. Learn to Choose Healthy TV Dinners: There are several brands of TV dinners out there that are healthier than others. On TV dinners from Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine, if you track your fat, sodium and other nutritional information, you can often create a low calorie, well rounded meal without losing the convenience of TV dinners.
2. Consider Skipping the Mayo: One major source of calories is mayonnaise, adding between fifty and two hundred calories to each sandwich depending upon how much mayo you decide to put on. Consider skipping the mayo and going with mustard instead which has no calories. There may be other condiments that you can skip as well, for reduced calories.
3.Add More Dairy: Studies have shown that adding more dairy products, such as milk, yogurt, cheese and even ice cream, can help to excrete up to one hundred percent more fat than not having those diary products in your diet.
4. Skip Snacks & Meals After Dinner: When you eat in the evening, your body does not have a chance to burn off the calories that you consume, and it becomes easier to store them as fat rather than get rid of them. Consider eating all of your calories by dinner time, or substituting high calorie foods and snacks.
5. Work Out Daily: Many people choose to work out just two or three times a week. While this is the minimum recommended amount, if you work out every day, your metabolism will increase. You burn more calories throughout the entire day on days that you work out. If you work out daily you will burn calories throughout the week.
6. Cut Down on the Alcohol: Many people aren’t aware of just how many calories are in alcohol, particularly beer. Drinking a six pack of beer can result in nearly 1000 calories, which is two pounds a week if you drank that much every day in addition to your food. If you are maintaining the same weight, and you drink a six pack a day, then cutting out those calories will result in a one to two pound weight loss per week.
7. Replace Burgers and Pizza with Healthy Alternatives: Burgers and pizza are staples in the diet of men all across the United States, but there are a few ways that you can keep the pizza and burgers in your diet, without having the fat and calories. Look for ways that you can make healthy low-calorie pizzas and consider making tofu or turkey burgers instead.
8. Cut Out the Soda Pop: If you are a guy who likes to drink soda then you could probably lose some weight simply by switching to a zero calorie soda. A two liter bottle of regular soda can contain as many as 1000 calories, and even the smaller twenty ounce bottles add up quickly to a great deal of calories.
9. Go With Black Coffee: We all love our coffee in the mornings, but for guys who put a lot of cream and sugar in their coffee, the calories go up. Black coffee has zero calories, but adding cream and sugar can add as many as 100 calories. This number jumps up to around 300 if you purchase a latte or cappuccino from the local coffee house.
10. Order Pre-Cooked Meals: If you have a little bit of money to spend, and want the convenience of having meals already suited to your diet plan prepared for you, then consider ordering per-cooked meals from one of the many services that exist. These are usually delivered frozen and are tailored to the number of calories, fat content and other nutritional information that you want for a healthy weight loss.